Fall 2020 Practice
I am so pleased that you are joining us for our Fall Super Skills Sunday training sessions. We have had an overwhelming response to this program, and in order to comply with Illinois State regulations for gathering size, we are having to split the players into 2 different time slots.
Rookie Rugby and Middle School *3.30-4.30pm (*Please note this new time)
High School Girls and High School Boys 4.30-5.30pm
As mentioned in the informational flyer, there is some paperwork that is needed before you can start training on Sunday.
The Chiefs RTP (Return to Play) Protocol document that takes you through the steps required to come to training each week. Steps 1 & 2 need only to be completed once. Step 3-6 are required each week. Please read the document fully as it explains expectations and safety protocols at training.
Also attached is the Rugby Illinois COVID Return to Play Handbook for your information.
ALL STEPS MUST BE COMPLETED IN ORDER TO BE ADMITED TO THE TRAINING FIELD THIS SUNDAY
- Register with USA Rugby at https://usarugby.sportlomo.com/ This is a new registration system – hopefully easier than the past one! YOU MUST REGISTER WITH THE CHIEFS RFC FOR THE FALL SEASON. IF YOU PLAY FOR ANOTHER TEAM IN THE SPRING, WE WILL TRANSFER YOUR USA RUGBY MEMBERSHIP AT THE END OF THE FALL SEASON. ONLY PLAYERS REGISTERED AS CHIEFS WILL BE ABLE TO ATTEND THE FALL 2020 SUPER SKILLS SUNDAY SESSIONS
- Complete the World Rugby COVID-19 Retun to Play Awareneness for Coaches and Players course and email the certificate to info@ChiefsRFC.org Older players should try and do this themselves, however, our younger players will need parental help. Certification must be in the player’s name.
- The day of each training session, before you leave home, complete the Chiefs RFC- RTP COVID-19 Questionnaire
- On arrival at Go For IT Sports, the player’s temperature will be checked. If it registers over 99.5f, they will be asked to leave for that session.
- NO SPECTATORS ARE ALLOWED ON THE FIELD. PARENTS MUST REMAIN IN THEIR VEHICLES. Drop players off in parking lot, then pick up players on the west access road adjacent to the rugby posts.
- PLEASE BRING YOUR OWN WATER BOTTLE, BUT DO NOT BRING YOUR OWN BALL TO TRAINING
Our Super Skills Sunday will consist of 30 minutes of skills followed by a game of touch rugby at the end of the session. The touch game will be a modified game to fall in line with covid-19 safety protocols. Watch this video to familiarize yourself with the game rules.
If you have any questions about the forms/certifications/registration, please do not hesitate to contact me. I know it all seems a lot, but it is all done for the safety of our players and coaches and our families.
I look forward to seeing our Chiefs back on the rugby pitch!